Regardless of how clean you think your paint is, there are still contaminants stuck on the paint that you need to remove before waxing or polishing your paint. Paint cleaning clay leaves behind an ultra-smooth surface that will make your wax adhere better and last longer. It also makes the wax much easier to remove, reducing your elbow grease substantially. Clay is safe for all paint and also works great on glass to get it squeaky clean. To use, just remove the clay from the wrapper, spray the paint’s surface with Speed Shine (acts as a lubricating fluid), and rub the clay back and forth until there is no drag. This means your paint is clean. Unlike other cleaners and polishes, no buffing or hard circular motions are necessary. Takes literally one fourth the time as it would using paint cleaner. Follow up with best of show wax and your paint will look stunning. The large 8 ounce (226 gram) bar cleans about 7 vehicles, depending on the amount of surface contamination. Try this clay – the results are amazing.
For paint that’s super smooth, there is no substitute for Griot’s Garage Paint Cleaning Clay. Even if you think your paint is clean, there are sure to be contaminants embedded in the surface that need to be removed before polishing or waxing. Remove these embedded contaminants and prepare your paint to look its best. The results will amaze you.
Why Use Paint Cleaning Clay?
Oils, dirt, brake dust, tar, and acid rain deposits form tiny particles that stick to your paint. You can’t always see these contaminants, but you can usually feel them by running your hand gently across the painted surface.
How Do You Use Paint Cleaning Clay?
Paint Cleaning Clay and Speed Shine work together to remove embedded contaminants, preparing your paint for polishing and waxing. Speed Shine loosens debris and lubricates the surface, Paint Cleaning Clay grabs and holds the contaminants, lifting them safely away from your paint.
Four Steps to a Smooth Surface
- Step 1 – Making sure the surface is clean and cool, first wet a small, kneaded piece of clay with Speed Shine, then wet a 2’x 2’ section of your paint with Speed Shine.
- Step 2 – Move the Paint Cleaning Clay back and forth on the surface. You don’t need to press hard, just let the clay do the work for you. If the clay begins sticking, you can add more Speed Shine.
- Step 3 – Wipe the area dry with a clean micro fiber or 100% cotton cloth.
- Step 4 – When the piece of clay appears dirty, fold it into itself and knead again. Now you’re ready to move onto the next section.
Key Kit Features
- Essential to properly preparing your paint for polishing and waxing
- Paint Cleaning Clay will not strip wax and is safe for all paints
- Using Paint Cleaning Clay a few times a year will help prevent paint oxidation
- Great for removing sap, dried bugs, and stubborn bird droppings
- Kit saves you money over purchasing items separately
Companion Products (Sold Separately)
Many Griot’s Garage car care products are available in environmentally-friendly refill sizes. Reduce your waste and re-use your bottle and sprayer.
- 11231 Griot’s Garage Micro Fiber Speed Shine Cloth, Set of 3–Soft and plush micro fiber. Perfect for drying and buffing Speed Shine.
- 11148 Griot’s Garage Speed Shine, One Gallon–Save money and reduce waste. Refill your 35 Ounce bottle with gallons.
About Griot’s Garage
With a complete line of high quality car care products, Griot’s Garage serves the needs of automotive enthusiasts who demand the best. Founder Richard Griot mailed the first catalog from his own garage in 1990 under a simple guiding premise (from the words of Sir Henry Royce, founder of Rolls-Royce), “Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn’t exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.” To this day, Griot’s Garage constantly strives for perfection so you can have fun in your garage.
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
Essential to properly preparing your paint for polishing and waxing
Paint cleaning clay will not strip wax and is safe for all paints and glass
Reduce waste by reusing the finest sprayer and refilling the 35 ounce bottle
Using paint cleaning clay a few times a year will reduce paint oxidation
Great for removing sap, dried bugs, and stubborn bird droppings